Baked Potato Soup
3 bacon strips, diced (I used microwave bacon)
1/2-1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used 4 small potatoes and next time I would put more)
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I actually didn't add this and it was still a little spicy!)
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley
1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
2. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
(I actually just used microwave bacon and sauted the onion and garlic in a little butter.)
3. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil.
5. Garnish with bacon, cheese, and parsley.