Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
We had these to celebrate Cinco De Mayo and they were absolutely delicious- definitely my favorite enchiladas I have made!
6 TBS honey
5 TBS lime juice (approx. 1 large lime)
1 TBS chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I used 2 large chicken breasts)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1. Mix the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic together and toss with the shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour (or toss together in a ziploc bag and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours).
2. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.
3. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
4. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
I served this with Cilantro Lime Rice and refried beans. It was a delicious dinner!