Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
3/4 lb ground beef (I used all beef)
1/4 lb ground pork
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. minced parsley
2 small cloves garlic, cut fine
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.
3. Heat 4 TBS of extra virgin olive oil in big frying pan.
4. Chop 1 cup onion to combine with meatballs.
4. Place meatballs and onion in frying pan. Toss or gently turn to brown all sides.
5. Sprinkle a little bit of flour on cooked meatballs.
Now add the following and simmer:
5 cups cooked tomatoes (I used diced)
6 Tbsp minced parsley
6 Tbsp minced green pepper (I used red)
2 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tsp sugar
2 small bay leaves, crumbled
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Serve hot over cooked spaghetti noodles.
*I actually cut the meatball amount in half but kept the same amount of sauce- it turned out great!