recipe and image from Our Best Bites
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 TB olive oil
2/3 cup diced onion
2-3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lime, juiced
1. In a saucepan on the stove, heat the olive oil to med-high heat.
2. Saute onions for about three minutes or until they just start to become tanslucent.
3. Add garlic and saute about 30 seconds.
4. Add beans, broth, and remaining seasonings and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about seven minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. When they are done cooking, remove from heat and add in a few squeezes of lime juice.
* I only used one can of beans but the same amount of seasonings.