Creamy Pesto Pasta
recipe and image from Our Best Bites
1/2 batch Guiltless Alfredo Sauce
1/2 pound bowtie pasta (3 cups dry pasta)
3.5 ounce Pesto (about 1/2 cup)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
8 ounce mushrooms (about 3 cups sliced)
1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed (I added this!)
3 TB pine nuts (mmm, these are yummy!)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Prepare your Guiltless Alfredo Sauce. When it's finished, just make sure it's covered and set it aside.
3. Place a large stock pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
4. Remove stems from mushrooms and slice. Place tomatoes and mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil (3-4 T should do it) toss with your fingers making sure everything is coated and then lightly sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes. You can tell the tomatoes are ready when the skins start to split. Don't overcook them or they'll be mush!
5. When water comes to a boil add a little salt and the pasta.
6. Toast pine nuts: Place nuts in a dry skillet on med heat. Stir constantly. They will start to turn glossy which means the oils are releasing. Then they'll start to brown. Let them get golden brown and then remove them from the pan to cool. It should take about 7-10 minutes total.
7. Your pasta should be done, drain it if you haven't already.
8. Add pesto to alfredo sauce and stir to combine well.
9. Tomatoes and mushrooms should be done about now, take them out of the oven.
10. Put it all together! Place pasta and cooked, cubed chicken in a large bowl and combine with as much sauce as you need. Place tomatoes and mushrooms on top and sprinkle on lots of fresh Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle pine nuts on top and serve.
*My husband loves pesto, I do not. However, mix it with delicious alfredo and I am good to go I guess! This pasta was so delicious!