Chicken Tortellini Bake
from My Kitchen Cafe
16 ounce package of cheese tortellini (use the fresh not frozen kind)
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups (about 2 chicken breasts) chicken, cut up into bite size pieces
3 green onions finely chopped, white and green parts
2 tablespoons flour
8 ounces (1 cup) chicken broth
8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup sour cream
8 oz (2 cups) shredded Monterey jack cheese (I used mozzarella)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook tortellini for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken for 1-2 minutes and add the fresh mushrooms and green onions, cooking until chicken is done and mushrooms are golden brown.
3. Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and stir until thickened. Mix in sour cream until mixture is creamy and slightly thickened.
5. Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray. Pour tortellini in bottom of 9X13 pan. Sprinkle half the cheese over tortellini. Put cooked chicken/sauce mixture on top and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
6. Bake covered with tin foil at 350 for 30 minutes, uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown around the edges.
*I cut this recipe in half for my little family. This was a yummy, just homey pasta casserole. I served it with broccoli and Asiago cheese bread.