Stuffed Pesto Chicken
from Favorite Family Recipes
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup paprika (this is NOT a typo, yes 1/4 CUP)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup pesto
1-2 cloves garlic
2 1/2 TBS olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a sharp knife cut a slit into chicken breasts not cutting all the way through, just creating a "pocket". Stuff with feta cheese and put into 9x13 baking dish.
3. In small bowl combine: paprika, cumin, oregano, thyme and salt. Spread evenly over chicken. 4. Spoon pesto over chicken. Sprinkle with garlic. Drizzle oil over the top and cover with aluminum foil (shiny side down).
5. Put in oven for 35-45 minutes (chicken breast thickness vary greatly) until no longer pink inside.
6. Serve with rice, potatoes, or buttered noodles.
NOTE: Now if you don't care how it looks you can skip the stuffing the feta in the middle and just sprinkle it on top. Also this is great layered in a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Again, not as pretty, but tastes just the same.
*I cut this recipe in half, only cooking 2 chicken breasts. Since the chicken breasts we had were thin I couldn't create the "pocket". I just sprinkled the feta on top. The chicken was so moist and flavorful, we really liked it. We served the chicken with white rice and broccoli. This was such an easy chicken dish- and don't we all love one of those!!