from Picky Palate
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thinness
1 1/2 Cups prepared mashed potatoes, on the thick side, helps if they are chilled.
2 Cups steamed broccoli, chopped into very small pieces, almost minced
1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 Cups panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 Cup milk
1 Cup steamed broccoli, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place pounded chicken breasts onto a large baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes over each chicken breast then layer with broccoli and cheddar cheese. Carefully roll each chicken breast up securing ends with a toothpick.
3. Place flour, salt and pepper into a shallow bowl. Place beaten egg in a second bowl and the panko and ranch mix into a 3rd shallow bowl. Dip/roll rolled chicken carefully into flour then egg, then panko mix (this will get a bit messy, don’t worry, it turns out great anyway!!)
4. Place chicken rolls back onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray or is lined with silpat. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (juices are clear, not pink). Let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Heat cream of chicken soup, milk and chopped broccoli in a small saucepan until warmed. Pour spoonfuls of sauce over each chicken roll and serve.
*We cut this in half, only making two chicken breasts. I was very impressed with this meal. It was delicious and a great idea having the mashed potatoes, cheese, and broccoli rolled into the chicken. We definitely will be making these again.