Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
from Our Best Bites
2 cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 medium bananas)
1/3 cup plain lowfat yogurt or sour cream
½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups and level. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream sugar and butter. Add bananas, eggs, and yogurt, beating until just blended. Add flour mixture. Beat on low until just moistened.
3. Microwave chocolate chips in a medium bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 c. batter to chocolate, stirring until well-combined.
4. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter (so you have stripes of plain and chocolate batter) in an 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters with a knife.
5. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes (give or take a little; I'd probably set your timer for 1 hour and 10 minutes to be safe) or until a knife comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
*I LOVE banana bread and this was definitely a yummy alternative to the classic recipe.