Fry Bread (Scones)
from Becca Nelson
2 C. Scalded milk
4 Tbl. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. yeast- dissolved in 1/2 C warm water
5 C. flour
1. Scald milk and then let milk cool.
2. Add milk, sugar, salt and yeast to your mixer.
3. Add flour to make soft but not sticky dough. Knead about 5 min.
4. Let dough rise until doubled. (about 1 hour)
5. Roll out and cut in squares, then press flat with hands.
6. Fry in oil at 375˚.
7. Set on plate with paper towel to soak excess oil.
*These are delicious served as scones with butter, honey, and powdered sugar or as Navajo Tacos.