adapted from BlogChef.com
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
½ cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
small corn tortillas
1: In a large deep skillet add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
2. Place chicken breasts into the sauce and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
3. Shred chicken into small pieces using two forks. Stir in cilantro.
4. Warm corn tortillas (in batches) in the microwave for 15 seconds.
5. Spoon a portion of the chicken filling down the center of each tortilla; add a little bit of shredded cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Roll up and secure with a toothpick if needed.
6. Place taquitos on lightly greased pan. Brush a little olive oil on each taquito.
7. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes.
*These were so yummy! My daughters love any form of a taco so for this dinner my oldest exclaimed, "You are the best dinner mom ever!" Wow!! Anyway, these were really good- we served them with Mexican rice, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.