Chicken Rollatini with Spinach and Italian Cheeses
from Dinners for a Year and Beyond
olive oil spray
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
5 ounces (1/2 of a 10 ounce package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry of liquid
1/3 cup ricotta cheese
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
salt and pepper
1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce, heated
1. Preheat oven oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the mozzarella cheese, spinach, and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
3. Lay chicken flat on a work surface and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread about 3 - 4 tablespoons of the spinach mixture on the chicken and roll up starting at the narrow end. Repeat with remaining chicken.
4. Place panko and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish and eggs in another shallow dish. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg and then the panko and place seam side down in the baking dish. Lightly spray chicken with olive oil.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and the filling is hot and bubbly.
6. To serve, place about 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce on a plate and top with the baked chicken. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Serve with additional marinara sauce.
*This was a good stuffed, baked chicken. We served it with wheat thin spaghetti and broccoli. Yum!