from The Picky Palate
1 lb campanelle pasta
1/4 teaspoon Ancho Chile Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Sicilian Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 1/2 lbs (fryer) chicken breast with rib meat
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup finely chopped white onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup finely chopped sweet peppers
1 1/2 cups Salsa Verde, mild
1 cup petite diced tomatoes from can
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.
3. Place ancho pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a small bowl, stirring to combine. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken, then rub. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add chicken cooking until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes each side. Place pot in oven and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
4. While chicken is cooking heat 2 tablespoons oil in another Dutch oven or medium pot over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and sweet peppers, cooking and stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add salsa, tomatoes, cream and cilantro, stirring to combine. Add cooled pasta back to original large pot and pour sauce over top, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low, stirring often.
5. When chicken is cooked through, remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices. Spoon pasta in serving bowls and top with slices of chicken breast. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
*This was a wonderful, different pasta dish that was yummy and spicy! We grilled chicken breasts instead and it was great! I cut this recipe in half to serve just my husband and I, since I figured it would be too spicy for our girls. Although my youngest liked it! I didn't half the chicken spice rub or the cream though. :)