Macaroni and Cheese
recipe from Mommy I'm Hungry
16 oz macaroni pasta (any shape shape you like)
1/2 C butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 C flour
3 1/2 C milk, warmed
1/4 C white wine (or sub w/chicken broth)
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/2 lb cheddar, cubed
1/2 C panko bread crumbs
1 Tbl parsley
2 Tbl butter, melted
1. Heat 350' oven. Grease 9x13 glass dish ( 8x8 or round casserole, if making half the recipe).
2. Cook pasta for about 2-3 minutes less than called for, drain, set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt 1/2 C butter, salt pepper, once melted add flour, stir until smooth. Let cook for 1 minute. Add milk, wine, bring to a boil, whisking. Add cheeses and stir until melted.
4. Pour over cooked pasta and add to greased dish.
5. Combine the panko, parsley and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle macaroni with panko topping, bake uncovered 30 minutes.
This macaroni was so good and creamy!!! I loved the panko topping as well.