Creamy Chicken Picasso
recipe and image from Kayotic Kitchen
4 chicken breasts
2 medium onions
3 bell peppers- red, yellow, green
2 large garlic cloves
14oz can diced tomatoes (pomodori)
1 vegetable bouillon cube
grated cheese (melting cheese)
1 tbsp Italian herbs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut bell peppers into rings. Cut onions in half circles. Mince garlic.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Combine 1 1/2 TBS oil with 1 TBS butter in pan. Lightly brown the chicken and transfer to baking dish.
4. Add the onions to the skillet and cook until translucent. Transfer to baking dish.
5. Add the peppers to the skillet and cook until slightly pliable and transfer to baking dish.
6. Add the grated garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds before pouring in the water and diced tomatoes. Stir well.
7. Add the Italian herbs. Crumble up the vegetable bouillon cube and season with pepper, salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
8. Pour in half cup of cream. Stir to combine.
9. Simmer the sauce, over low heat, for 5 minutes. Pour it all over the chicken and vegetables. Cover the tray with aluminum foil.
10. Place dish in over at bake for 30 minutes.
11. Once those 30 minutes are up, grate some good melting cheese. Sprinkle it all over the chicken and place it back in the oven, uncovered, for another 15 minutes. Until the cheese has melted.
Serve it with spaghetti and/or crusty bread.
*Yummy and full of vegetables! This dish was really yummy served over thin spaghetti. We really enjoyed this!