Stuffed Pizza Bread
recipe and image from Joyzz
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 TBS Italian Seasonings
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
2 cups finely chopped pizza toppings (pepperoni, cooked sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, whatever
1 cup marinara sauce
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic salt and Italian seasonings until combined. Set aside.
3. Remove biscuits from the cans. Take a raw biscuit, and cut a slit in the side. Use your fingers to open up the biscuit to form a "pocket" for the toppings.
4. Carefully tuck a pinch of cheese into the pocket of the biscuit, then add in a tsp or so of marinara, then add in some pinches of your pizza toppings, top with a final pinch of cheese, then use your fingers to pinch together the dough to seal in the pocket. Be sure it is well sealed.
5. Dunk the pocket in the butter mixture on both sides, then place in the bundt pan with the seam side up.
6. Repeat with remaining biscuits until they are filled and placed in the bundt pan side by side.
7. Pour any remaining biscuits until they are all filled and placed in, then bake for 30 minutes until the dough is cooked and lightly browned. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
8. Carefully turn the bundt pan on top of a plate and give it a slight jiggle to release the monkey bread. Then remove the pan and serve the monkey bread with a side of extra marinara sauce for dipping.
*Yum! I needed to add more cheese, sauce, and toppings into the pockets. It was a little too much bread! Other than that, yummy, fun alternative to pizza!