3 tablespoons oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup water chestnuts
2/3 cup mushrooms
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4-5 leaves iceberg lettuce
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 TB soy sauce
2 TB rice wine vinegar
2 tsp ketchup
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp sesame oil
1 TB hot mustard
2 tsp water
1-2 tsp garlic and red chile paste
Stir Fry Sauce:
2 TB soy sauce
2 TB brown sugar
1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl. Then add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
- Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well. Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps. (I actually just leave the mustard and chili sauce separate because I don't like them mixed in with the special sauce.)
- Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
- Place water chestnuts, mushrooms, and chicken in the food processor and chop until all pieces are bite-size.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Chop green onions and garlic.
- With the pan on high heat, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts, and mushrooms to the pan.
- Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
- Top with Special Sauce.