Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Parmesan Chicken

Parmesan Chicken
from Simply Recipes

INGREDIENTS:

1 clove garlic, minced
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup or 1/4 pound), melted
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
A large pinch of Italian seasoning (herb mix)
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 lbs of skinless, boneless, chicken meat, cut into pieces no larger than 2x2 inches

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.

2. In a bowl, combine the minced garlic with the melted butter. In another bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter, then into crumb mixture to coat.

3. Place coated chicken pieces on to a 9x13 baking dish. Try to leave a little room between each piece. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Note that the chicken will get much more browned on the bottom side than on the top.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad you are sharing your amazing recipes. It's no secret from many sources that you are a great cook! :) I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas and are glad to be back.

Jill Parsons said...

I mad this last night and it was awesome. thanks for sharing.

Brit said...

Hey Karissa! I found your cooking blog and wanted to say hi. I decided to finally get into the blogging world:) wow I haven't seen you in so long. How are you? How's dental school? Your girls are absolutely beautiful!
love, Brittany Knudsen (Fullmer)

Aubrey said...

I LOVE cooking... I'm excited to try some of your recipes... Thanks for sharing!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Ooh I'm so excited to try some o these cause we all know you're a gourmet chef! I think I'm going to try your mexicali chicken tonight for my Mexican dinner!

Melanie said...

I just made this last night and it's a keeper! John and I both really liked it. Thanks for sharing.