White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (Joe's favorite!)
from All Recipes
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
5. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
6. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.