Breadsticks and Pizza Dough
from Our Best Bites
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 TBS sugar
1 TBS yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 1/2 cups flour
1. In a large bowl (the bowl of your mixer, if you have one), combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes or until yeast is bubbly.
2. Add salt and stir. Add 1 1/2 c. flour and mix well. Gradually add more flour (usually between 3-4 cups, depending on your elevation and your humidity) until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and it barely sticks to your finger.
4. Spray a glass or metal bowl with cooking spray and place dough in the bowl.
5. Cover and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
6. Remove from bowl and place on a lightly-floured surface.
For Pizza: Roll into round circles and bake with toppings.
1. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll into a rectangle and cut into 12 strips with a pizza cutter.
2. Roll out each piece of dough into a snake and then drape over your forefinger and twist the dough. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining 11 pieces of dough. Try to space them evenly, but it's okay if they're close.
3. Cover pan and allow dough to rise for another 30 minutes.
4. When there's about 15 minutes to go, preheat your oven to 425.
5. Rub butter and garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes.