Garlic Ranch Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
from Picky Palate
4 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 packed dry Ranch Dressing Mix, reserve 1/2 tsp for topping
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
10 oz can cheddar cheese soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 15 oz cans mixed veggies, drained
3/4 cup crumbled bacon pieces, already cooked
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 6 count can Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in ranch mix (reserve 1/2 teaspoon for later), salt and pepper. Toss to combine seasonings.
2. In a large rimmed skillet or dutch oven, place soups, broth and milk over medium heat; whisk until combined. Stir in mixed veggis then shredded chicken.
3. Transfer to a large 9×13 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle bacon and cheese over top.
4. Open biscuits and place onto wax paper. Cut each biscuit into 10 little triangle pieces (cut biscuit in half then cut each half into fifths). Place little pieces of biscuit over top of chicken mixture until it’s all covered. Sprinkle biscuits with remaining ranch dressing mix, garlic salt and 1/2 Cup cheese.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are cooked through underneath. Cover with foil the last 25 minutes of baking to prevent too much browning. Let cool for 10 minutes then serve.
This was a great, hearty dish with really good flavor!
*I cut this recipe in half and used a square 8x8 pyrex dish.