Southwestern Beef Wraps
recipe and image from Our Best Bites
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2-ish pound beef roast, trimmed of fat but left whole
1 heaping tsp chili powder
1 heaping tsp garlic powder
1 heaping tsp cumin
1 heaping tsp Kosher salt
2 bell peppers (you can use 2 green bell peppers or mix it up a little with red, yellow, or orange; just make sure one is green), chopped
1 14 1/2 oz. can Mexican-style diced tomatoes OR 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (regular or mild, depending on your preference)
Small flour tortillas
Desired toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, etc.
1. Place chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Combine seasonings in a small bowl and then rub seasoning mixture all over the roast.
3. Place roast over onions, top with chopped peppers, and then pour the canned tomatoes on top of everything.
4. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours or start this in the morning, cook it on high until things start to boil and then cook on low until dinnertime.
5. Shred meat with two forks and serve in tortillas with desired toppings.