I can't believe I haven't posted these either! I love french dip sandwiches, yum!
1.5-2 lb roast (I usually buy a 3 lb roast and split it in half to use two different times)
salt and pepper
1 ounce package dry onion soup mix
2 c. water
1 beef bouillon cube
4 large buns
sliced provolone cheese
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and salt and pepper roast.
2. When hot, place roast in pan and brown all sides.
3. Place roast in crock-pot and sprinkle with onions soup mix.
4. Pour water over roast. Place beef bouillon cube in the crock pot as well.
5. Cook on high for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5.
6. After the meat is done cooking, shred with two forks.
7. Cut buns in half, place on cookie sheet, top buns with roast and slice of cheese. Broil for a few minutes- just until cheese is melted and buns are a little golden brown.
8. Serve sandwiches with juices from crock-pot for dipping.