Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi
from Food Network, Alta Brown
4 Mahi Mahi fillets
5 ounces (about 1 1/4 cups) coarsely ground, roasted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
vegetable oil, for brushing foil
Kosher salt and pepper
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the nuts, panko, flour, and butter. Set aside.
3. Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and brush it liberally with vegetable oil. Place the mahi mahi on the foil and sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper on both sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush each fillet with the coconut milk.
4. Divide the nut mixture among the tops of the 4 fillets, patting the mixture to spread and adhere to the fillets. Return to the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
I served this with sweet coconut milk and spinach salad with poppy seed vinaigrette dressing.
*It feels like I have been saying, "I don't usually like this but..." a lot lately. This time I am beginning the same, I don't usually like mahi mahi, and unfortunately tonight was no different. I was excited to try this recipe, especially for my husband. I thought the ingredients were going to be great but I was a little disappointed. However, I don't usually post recipes I don't like but my husband really did love this so I thought I would post it anyway.