from Our Best Bites
4 TB real butter
1/3 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (1 1/3 cups), melted
butter for preparing pans
vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. To prepare pans, use your fingers to rub butter in the muffin tins or ramekins. Sprinkle in some granulated sugar to coat the entire inner surface and tap out any extra discard.
3. In a bowl with a mixer, beat the 4 TB butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour and salt and slowly add it into the butter mixture just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate by hand, just until combine. Don't overmix.
5. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups or ramekins and then place them on a cookie sheet. Fill them not quite 3/4 of the way full.
6. Bake just until tops of cakes no longer jiggle when pan is lightly shaken, about 8-10 minutes for muffin pan, and 10-12 for ramekins. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
You can serve them one of two ways. Obviously if you're using a muffin pan you'll need to invert the cakes and place them on serving plates. They should pop right out after you run a sharp knife around the edge. If you are using ramekins, you can serve right in the dish too. Dust with powdered sugar.
These were so rich and delicious and I loved the creamy, chocolaty center. Definitely needed to be served with vanilla ice cream! Yummy chocolate!