Breaded Garlic Chicken in Lemon-Butter Sauce
from My Kitchen Cafe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup seasoned flour (1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper)
5 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon parsley flakes or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 tablespoons butter
1. Place the seasoned flour in a large gallon-size ziploc bag. Set aside. In a shallow pie plate, beat the eggs until mixed and add the Parmesan cheese. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt one tablespoon butter and one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Let it begin to heat and sizzle while you prepare the chicken but be careful not to let the butter burn and turn brown.
3. Put the four chicken breasts in the bag with the seasoned flour, close the bag, and shake to coat the chicken in the flour. One by one, take the chicken out of the bag and dip into the egg/Parmesan mixture.
4. Place the chicken carefully in the skillet with the hot oil/butter. Repeat with the other chicken breasts. Let the chicken cook on the first side, without moving or flipping the chicken, for 1-2 minutes until a nice, golden crust has formed. Carefully, using a wide spatula, flip the chicken and let it continue to cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side until it is golden brown. The chicken will flip easiest if it has had time to sizzle and cook to form a nice crust.
5. Remove the chicken to a 9X13-inch pan. Set aside while you make the sauce.
6. In the same skillet that you browned the chicken, melt the remaining four tablespoons butter. 7. Add the minced garlic, lemon juice, and parsley. Simmer the sauce for 1-2 minutes, stirring and scraping up any browned bits that were on the bottom of the skillet.
8. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken breasts and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over noodles, rice or potatoes.
*You most definitely can't go wrong with words like breaded, garlic, lemon, and butter right? Right! This dish was delicious! This dish reminded me of Chicken Piccata. We served the chicken with linguine noddles, which were great with a little bit of the butter sauce mixed in, and sauteed yellow squash. Yummy! I actually only used two chicken breasts, cutting down the eggs and flour, but made the same amount of sauce so we had a little extra for the pasta.