Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
from My Kitchen Cafe
2 1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, soft
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional – I left these out)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 package toffee bits, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9X13 pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Whisk together flour, salt and brown sugar.
4. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is crumbly.
5. Add eggs and mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands.
6. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and the 1 cup nuts.
7. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the dough. Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crust.
9. Top with all but 1/3 of the toffee bits. Place pieces of remaining dough over the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chips.
10. Bake for 25-30 more minutes, or till golden brown.
11. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits on top. Cool completely before serving.
*YUM!! I loved these! They were so great and even better the next day!