Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls
recipe and image from The Picky Palate
13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 cups baby spinach, chopped
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light sour cream
2 TBS fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp chili pepper
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray.
2. Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick. Press each slice into about a 3 inch round, I did this by pressing in between my hands. Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes then add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.
4. Place cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic, Parmesan Cheese, chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
5. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls. Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges
6. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from oven.
*I made these for our super bowl party and they were delicious! Since I was serving them as a party side dish I actually made them in my mini muffin tin, making about 22 smaller ones rather than 10 big ones.