Recipe and image from Food Family Finds
2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
2 cups chicken chunks, cooked
2 cups cheddar cheese
2 cups broccoli, frozen, steamed, and chopped
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 egg yolk
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, spread both cans of crescents length wise to form a long rectangle. 3. Press each of the seams to form a single layer of dough.
4. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, broccoli and mayonnaise
5. Spread mixture over the center of the croissant dough evenly to create a log.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut horizontal strips 1 inch apart down each side of the crescent dough.
7. Fold the dough strips over the top of the chicken mixture, alternating left and right to create a braid.
8. Brush the top of the braid with a beaten egg yolk and sprinkle fresh rosemary on top.
9. Bake for 28 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
*This was really yummy! What a great weeknight meal. It would be fun to try and make my own dough next time rather than use the Pillsbury dough.