Chicken Parmesan Sliders
from: Dinners for a Year and Beyond
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 cups panko
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
about 1/4 cup olive oil
marinara sauce (make your own or use store bought)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
16 mini buns
To make chicken:
1. Place chicken on a cutting board and slice lengthwise into 2 thin cutlets. Slice each cutlet into 2 smaller pieces.
2. Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet and set aside.
3. In three separate shallow dishes place (1) panko, (2) eggs, and (3) flour, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and a 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil.
5. Dredge the chicken pieces first in the flour mixture then the eggs and finally the panko.
6. Pan fry the chicken for about 2 - 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through.
7. Remove to cooling rack and sprinkle lightly with salt. Continue frying chicken in batches until all have been cooked.
To assemble the sliders, leave chicken on the baking rack on top of the baking sheet and top each piece with about 2 tablespoons each of the marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven until cheese is melted; about 3 - 5 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and place in buns.
I don't remember what slider recipe I used but I didn't love it. Next time I will try this one!
*I cut this in half only using 2 chicken breasts, making 8 sliders. This was a fun, delicious dinner!! I served the sliders with chips and a big salad.