recipe from Get Off Your Butt and Bake
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 beaten egg
4-6 TBS cornstarch or flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup vinegar
7 TBS ketchup
2 TBS soy sauce
1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt & pepper. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Dip chicken in beaten egg, then in cornstarch or flour. (cornstarch makes chicken crispier).
3. Brown in hot oil. Place in baking dish.
4. Mix sugar, vinegar, chicken stock, catsup, and soy sauce in medium bowl. Pour over chicken.
5. Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours. Turn chicken once or twice.
This chicken was so simple to make and very yummy! I served it over white rice with stir-fry vegetables.