recipe and image from Favorite Family Recipes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
chicken marinade (see below)
8 slices bacon
4 slices provolone
4 fresh ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted
spicy aioli mayonnaise (see below)
fresh baby spinach
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 avocados, sliced
purple onion, sliced (we added this)
1 package Italian dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
Spicy Aioli Mayonnaise:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 TBS sriracha sauce
1. Pound chicken breasts flat and place in plastic Ziploc bag.
2. Combine marinade ingredients and add to chicken. Seal bag and marinade in fridge for at least an hour.
3. In the meantime, pan-fry bacon.
4. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill over medium heat until cooked through.
5. Top chicken with cheese and remove once cheese is melted.
6. Combine Spicy Aioli Mayonnaise ingredients and spread over toasted ciabatta rolls.
7. Add chicken, bacon, and remaining ingredients to each roll.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!!
*I bought some big kaiser rolls for a different dinner but ended up not being able to make it so I was on the hunt for a yummy grilled chicken recipe to use the rolls for. I found this one on Pinterest and they were absolutely delicious! It tasted like a sandwich I would order at a restaurant. They were so easy too! I loved the grilled chicken and cheese and avocado, yum! The mayo was delicious too!
*They would be even better on ciabatta rolls. I didn't have Italian dressing so I sprinkled the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning and then used the olive oil and lemon. I only made three sandwiches so I only made 1/4 cup mayo and it was enough.