Asian Lemon Chicken
image and recipe from "Dang" Delicious
1 cup vegetable oil
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups al-purpose flour
1 cup buttermilk
For the Lemon Glaze:
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
juice of 1 lemon
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
To make the glaze, combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10-12 minutes.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
5. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
6. Drizzle with glaze and serve immediately.
I actually cut the chicken breasts into cubes instead. This chicken was SO flavorful and really yummy! We served the chicken over rice and with asian green beans.