Pesto Chicken Pillows
image and recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup basil pesto
2 TBS sliced green onions
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 8 oz packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups seasoned Panko crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, pesto, green onions, and chicken. Stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Unroll the crescent dough. Take two triangles and press them together to form a rectangle.
4. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of the rectangle and bring the corners of the crescent doug
h together, pinching to seal.
5. Place the Panko crumbs on a plate. Dip each chicken pillow into the melted butter or use a pastry brush and roll it in the Panko crumbs.
6. Place the chicken pillows seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken pillows have turned golden brown.