image and recipe from Your Homebased Mom
3- 15 oz cans of petit diced tomatoes, with juice
1 cup finely diced celery
1 cup finely chopped carrots
1 cup finely diced onions
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup flour
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 cups half and half, warmed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Put tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and chicken broth into crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
3. 30 minutes before serving make the roux.
4. Melt butter over low heat in a skillet and add in flour.
5. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
6. Slowly add in 1 cup of hot soup.
7. Add in 3 more cups of soup and stir until smooth.
8. Put all back into crock pot.
9. Stir and add Parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper.
10. Add in oregano and basil.
11. Cover and let cook on low for another 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
This soup is so yummy with grilled cheese sandwiches!