After my last post about meatballs, it's kind of a surprise I am making them again, right? Well, these looked too good to pass up! And boy was I right. They were like mini meatloafs with a much better sauce to meat ratio!
from The Pioneer Woman
1-½ pound ground beef
¾ cups oats
1 cup milk
3 TB very finely minced onion
1-½ teaspoon salt
plenty of ground black pepper (to Taste)
for cooking meatballs:
1 cup all-purpose flour (coating for meatballs)
1 cup ketchup
2 TB sugar
3 TB vinegar
2 TB worcestershire
4-6 TB onion
1 dash Tabasco
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.
4. Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.
5. Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or crusty French bread.