Chicken Broccoli Supreme
recipe and image from Get Off Your Butt and Bake
1 – lb. fresh broccoli Break in pieces, and steam for 2 minutes.
3 cups cooked chicken breasts – Break up in small pieces
3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese divided
2 tubes Ritz Crackers
1 stick melted butter
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/3 C. Butter melted
1/4 C. Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 C. COLD Water
1/3 C. Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 cups of the above Cheddar Cheese
1. In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside.
2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and continue stirring until sauce has thickened. Turn heat down to low, and add 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
3. Pour over the chicken and broccoli. Top with 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
4. Melt the butter, and add the poppy seeds, and stir well. Crush Ritz crackers in large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin. Don’t crush too small. Add crumbs to the melted butter.
5. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the grated cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
*I cut this recipe in half, only using a 8x8 square pan. My family thought it was a yummy, simple weeknight meal.