recipe from: www.food.com
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup rotisseri chicken (I just cooked and shredded 1 chicken breast)
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 TB butter, melted
1. Saute onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour and seasonings. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Slowly stir in chicken broth and cream. Constantly stir mixture until smooth, creamy, and thickened.
4. Add nutmeg, cooked chicken, and frozen peas. Combine well.
5. Ladle mixture into individual oven-safe soup mugs or corning ware.
6. Cut puff pastry to cover each dish. Cover dish with puff party and press down around rim to adhere.
7. Brush puff pastry with melted butter.
8. Place dishes on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
*My dear friend Klisa brought these to us for a dinner once and we loved them! I couldn't get a hold of her to get her exact recipe so I researched one to try and copy. This was pretty close to what she had made! Yum!!! Note for me: I didn't add the thyme, since Joe hates it. Lots of salt and pepper, a little bit of savory spice, and some oregano made up for it I think.